Wednesday, April 24, 2013

"When I Look at You"

Miley Cyrus


This song is the shit... don't judge me. ;)

Lyrics

'cause there is no guarantee
That this life is easy

Yeah when my world is falling apart
When there's no light
To break up the dark
That's when I, I
I look at you

You appear just like a dream to me
Just like kaleidoscope colors that cover me
All I need
Every breath that I breathe
Don't you know you're beautiful

Read the rest HERE


I love this song because it has a really simple message...a message that says life is better having someone to turn to, lean on, be the light in life's darkness. I love the line "there is no guarantee that this life is easy," because that is completely accurate. There are no guarantees, all you can really do is just live your life. The beginning key notes of the piano are both haunting and beautiful at the same time, give me a ballad on a beach and I'm a sucker for a love story! What a video right?

This song is about finding that one person in your life that you consider home. No matter what state your life is in, they can somehow be the one to get you to see the bright side of things. "When I look at you," is a perfect title, because it shows that when life gets tough, having that person around, and looking at them, makes forgetting the troubles of life and the world around you, somehow just disappear.

The last few lyrics I chose about the Kaleidoscope colors, really just create such a beautiful metaphor that I really admire. As kids I'm pretty sure we've all played with Kaleidoscopes at some point. It's basically that cylinder looking thing, that you look through and see all the different colors fuse into each other along with various different shapes. I remember being in awe of it as a kid. And to compare that experience to a dream makes perfect sense. Much like the idea that this person who pulls you from the darkness, is somehow so unrealistic, your only assumption is to think of it as a dream.

Source

Miley Cyrus is a spunky little chick, I consider myself a fan. I think anyone who can go from America's teen sweetheart to an independent woman; chopping off her hair and dressing how she wants, is worth being a fan of. I just think she's completely comfortable in her own skin, and she doesn't let others (the media) discourage her from being who she truly is. So she cut her hair, who gives a crap, it's her hair, let her do her thang!  Yes she's had her fair share of inappropriate photos circulating the web, and what not, but whatever she's not perfect she's human....learn it, live it, love it.

Source


And also quick side note, I think the video is so beautifully shot. It's one of those songs you can just envision the video to be exactly how it is. The story of a romance. I love the color in the video, it's so vibrant and crystal clear, reflecting the idea of pure realization...realization that there is someone out there, that with one look, can wash away all the struggles and stresses of life. I always love hearing this song, just puts me in a better mood! Hope it does so for you too! If not, find a song that does! :)

-<3-

Michelle


 

No comments:

Post a Comment