Thursday, April 18, 2013

Snow Patrol's Re-Introduction


So I’ve recently re-introduced myself to Snow Patrol. And one of my favorite songs by them is “It’s Beginning to Get to Me,” off of their album entitled Eyes Open.


Snow Patrol

Source
Lyrics:

Are you beginning to get my point
That all this fighting with aching joints
It's doing nothing but tire us out
No one knows what this fight's about

We need to feel breathless with love
And not collapse under its weight
I'm gasping for the air to fill
My lungs with everything I've lost

Read the rest HERE

To me this song is about life in general. And the things a person has to go through. Sometimes the people you are closest to in life, will be the ones you fight the most with. In a way it’s strange because, you fight with them because you know deep down no matter what they’ll always be there. You know you will always be able to forgive each other. Because life itself causes our moods to swing, they change faster than seasons, and often times we lash out at those around us, for no particular reason involving them. It’s more than likely because of a neighboring circumstance life decided to throw your way. Something out of your control.

The title alone It’s Beginning to Get to Me, is telling enough. It’s saying that this world we live in and its hardships sometimes get to you, and it’s up to you to either fight through it, or allow it to take over you.

The lyrics I chose describe this ongoing struggle between two people. How they have this circular argument in their relationship, but at the end of the day it doesn’t matter much because the fight could really be about anything. And all that energy put into fighting could be better spent on loving that person instead.

The lines “We need to feel breathless with love And not collapse under its weight I'm gasping for the air to fill My lungs with everything I've lost” definitely prove my point. They show how life’s little bumps can be overcome as long as you choose your battles. And fight for what counts, fight for that love that will see you through. Because anything you’ve lost can be gained back if you learn to value whatever the relationship. Sometimes life moves quicker than we let it, and it’s ok to stop and take time out, stop and enjoy it. After all sometimes you just need to take a second…

Appreciate the world around you :)

-<3-

Michelle

 HHhhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment