Friday, April 26, 2013

This is "Shuffle" signing off with... some F.R.I.E.N.D.S.

"I'll be there for you"
The Rembrandts



**Also known as the F.R.I.E.N.D.S. theme song!**


Lyrics:
Source
So no one told you life was gonna be this way
Your job's a joke, you're broke, your love life's D.O.A.
It's like you're always stuck in second gear
When it hasn't been your day, your week, your month, or even your year, but

I'll be there for you

(When the rain starts to pour)
I'll be there for you
(Like I've been there before)
I'll be there for you
('Cause you're there for me too)

Read the rest HERE

So this song is always one of those songs you instantly associate with clap clap clap, and the faces of Rachel, Monica, Phoebe, Joey, Chandler, and Ross. It is by far my favorite show of all time. Each character was given such thought that they each mirror some one we all know. It makes it easy for us to relate our personal lives to them, and it makes them easily become our friends.

With all these internet rumors of the show coming back for a reunion season, (still waiting to see if this is actually true!!!! please god please oh please!) I guess I've just been feeling nostalgic. That and the fact that "Friends" is on every night on multiple channels, and yes every time I have to watch. Seriously it never gets old.

Rachel's ditsy meets spoiled, meets heart of gold fashion guru... never gets old

Monica's high pitched yellin', tough cookie actin', fat flashback havin', clean freak cleanin', Chandler acceptin'... never gets old

Phoebe's one of a kind even though she's a twin, no meat eatin', funky furniture havin', crazy guitar playin' never gets old.... (does anyone value "smelly cat" as much as me? cuz i swear if there was a Phoebe Buffay album out, I'd buy that shit!)

Joey's inability to share food, messy apartment lovin', ladies man vibin', how you doin' callin'... never gets old

Chandler's joke tellin', thanksgivin' hatin', womanly activity lovin', Monica toleratin'... never gets old.... (could he be any more lovable! ;))

Ross' "Hi" makin' you feel like you wanna die, Marriage lovin', Rachel worshippin', Dinosaur boy deal.. never gets old.

And all of that instantly comes to surface when I hear this song. Because in all honesty, this song is happiness to be. It represents not only my favorite show, but favorite memories I have with my own friends. The song speaks about knowing life can be shitty, but your friends will always be there for you. And this gang has been, and will continue to be there for all of us....friends box set...DUH?

So this is my last post for this blog, and this is Michelle Signing off...

IF you liked this blog...visit my personal blog MichelleLeighWrites and keep up with me! (there's some poetry and definitely some music infused...pretty much anything under the sun goes on there, as long as it's something I think people can relate to...hope you'll visit!) Thanks for reading! And remember whatever music you love....love it with all your heart, it'll get you through.

-<3-

Michelle



1 comment: