Sunday, April 21, 2013

"Glee" keeps on dreaming


So this is one of those posts where the worlds of music and television collide. You all may have heard of the TV show Glee and yes I used to watch it when it first started but due to my conflicting obsession with One Tree Hill, it got kicked to the curb. But now I’ve slowly been getting back into it.

It’s completely corny, and there are musical dance breaks bursting out at every turn, but in my opinion it’s so bad it’s good! It’s a whole new cast from when the show first started, but the key characters are still a part of the storyline in their own ways, which I think is pretty cool. I’m sure those who have followed the show from the start will most likely disagree; I know I used to hate the addition of newbie’s taking over my One Tree Hill. But being that I’m re-introducing myself as the new characters got introduced; I think it just seemed like a whole new show. And because of that, I began to like the new characters. Also within each of the new glee club members you can tell each one mirrors one of the originals, which in a way is a great homage to the show’s original storyline.

What I love about Glee is no matter what mood I’m in, especially if I’m having a bad day, the show just lifts up my spirits. Yes, I am aware of how ridiculous I sound. But whatever, it’s definitely a guilty pleasure. They manage to tackle major issues, in a very quaint and simple, yet effective way. For me, I feel like the show sends such a great message to kids out there, to be who they are, and be proud of that no matter what society thinks, or who judges them because of it. The whole point of the glee club is to give the misfits a place to be themselves.

Lea Michele as "Rachel Berry"
Glee is known for covering every artist under the sun, and some of the times… who am I kidding most of the times; I end up falling in love with their covers. This show has some serious talent, take Lea Michele for instance, who plays “Rachel Berry,” she has one of the best voices I’ve ever heard! I’d definitely buy her album if she ever released one.

The cover I chose for today is a cover of a song called Don’t Dream it’s Over by Crowded House. It’s such a beautiful message, and in light of all the hardships our world has been facing lately, I think this song is a great lesson on how to stay strong and don’t let others take away your faith, don’t let them win.


Lyrics:

[CHORUS]
Hey now, hey now
Don't dream it's over
Hey now, hey now
When the world comes in
They come, they come
To build a wall between us
We know they won't win


Read the rest HERE

Here is the original if you are interested!

And below are some of my other Glee favorites! Enjoy!

*Smooth Criminal - Michael Jackson
*Bye Bye Bye/I Want It That Way - 'N Sync/Backstreet Boy mash-up 
(This seriously made my 90’s girl heart freak out!!!!)


If you’re interested Gleek it out Thursdays at 9pm on FOX!


 -<3-

Michelle





 HHhhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment