Friday, April 5, 2013

Techno Originals vs. Acoustics



by Zedd feat. Foxes (Acoustic Version)


Lyrics:

'Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly, still fight and I don't know why
If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity, why are you my clarity?

Read the rest HERE



This song has been on the radio a lot lately and has gotten stuck in my head for weeks. I chose the acoustic version, well because I just think it’s amazing! But you can listen to the original version below. 


To me the original music video is very futuristic and has a hint of an Avant Garde feel to it. It seems like a long journey through a struggling relationship. There are also several images of different objects flying toward one another and then colliding and exploding, to me I see this as a metaphor for a relationship. When opposites attract, or when similarities clash violently. You can see all the emotions mixing together accompanied with the more techno-infused version, which in turn makes for much more of a dance song. Which in my opinion can take away from the beauty of the lyrics.

The song in general is about understanding the fact that regardless of whatever hardships you may come across in your relationship with another, there is that moment of pure Clarity. Clarity can be defined as “The quality of being clear, the quality of coherence and intelligibility.”

I think this song, as displayed in the lyrics I’ve chosen, shows that in the face of tragedy, and insanity love of another person can be your guide. It can be the one thing that can pull you away from the edge. Feeling that pull toward that other person, in spite of what your head may say your heart sees its own form of clarity. Understanding, that love is experiencing that crystal clear clarity. 

I’ve been pretty vocal about my love of acoustic versions. I think this version just allows a better understanding of the meaning behind the song. Her voice is beautiful and the piano is the perfect companion. I don’t think this song needs much else. What’s your take, on original vs. acoustic? Thoughts?

-<3-

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment