Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Would you live in a Lego House?


This is "Lego House" by Ed Sheeran          


Lyric Choice:

I'm gonna pick up the pieces,
And build a Lego house
If things go wrong we can knock it down


***

I'm gonna paint you by numbers
And color you in
If things go right we can frame it and put you on a wall



Read the rest of the lyrics HERE








   I first heard of Ed Sheeran because I heard another one of his songs Give Me Love on the tv show The Vampire Diaries. I remember hearing it and being obsessed with finding out who sang it. So I guess you're wondering, well if she loved that song so much why did she pick this one? Well the truth of the matter is, that I have now transferred my love to this song. Once I found out about Ed Sheeran, I did a little digging into his music, and found a whole bunch more. He's already big in the UK, but is increasingly getting bigger in the U.S., now on tour with America's Favorite Taylor Swift. Ed is making quite the name for himself.


   But in my opinion his music speaks for itself. Lego House quickly became one of my favorites once, I bought the album. Sometimes it's hit or miss with an artist. For instance you love one of their songs so you go buy the whole album and then end up just listening to that one song you bought it for. Or correction used to go out and buy CD's...nowadays everything is just electronically downloaded, but whatever I'm still a CD girl and I like it! ;)


  Well for me, I think it's safe to say that I do have my favorites on Sheeran's album; entitled "+," yea don't ask, I don't get it either. But it's safe to say that I love his whole record. Every song really tells you a story about his life. And I don't know about you guys, but I'll go looking at the lyrics in the CD's, and then glance over the artist's Thank You notes and in Ed Sheeran's Thank You's he thanks a girl, for whom he wrote all the songs for. So hey....obviously he had some heavy inspiration!


   Now let's pull our focus to the song in question; Lego House. Ed uses the child toy Legos, as a metaphor. He speaks about building a Lego house, and then tearing it down if things between him and the girl do not work out. In other words take the chance at building a foundation, and then if it doesn't work remove it, at least you know you've tried. In the second portion of my Lyric Choice, Ed uses another child toy favorite color by numbers; you guys remember that don't you? Where you would have a picture and each portion of the picture was given a number. Then there was a "color key" given and you would have to color each number its own color. At the end you would have a fully colored picture! It was pretty awesome, if I remember correctly! Anyway, Ed uses this metaphor stating that he will paint her by numbers and color her in, and frame it on a wall, if the outcome is right for both. To me this means that he will try his hardest in his relationship and if all goes well then he will frame it like a picture on a wall, for all to see, and treasure it like a photo captures and treasures a memory.


   Now if you watch the music video, that's a whole different story, let's just say Ron Weasley (from Harry Potter) is seen in a new light! I think the video was done just for fun, because the lyrics in this song are purely based on emotion, and personally I really gravitate toward songs about personal experiences and love, because I think they tell the most truth about life and what it all means.


So have you heard of Ed yet? ...What's your take on his Lego House?


-<3-
Michelle








No comments:

Post a Comment