Thursday, February 28, 2013

Bruno "Treasures" His Girl(s)

"Treasure"

by Bruno Mars






Bruno has made quite the reintroduction with his latest album, keeping in sync with his unique old school style, but also adding a little more funky disco/reggae infused track list. Two genres that many wouldn't feel too  confident about meshing, but Bruno makes it work.

Bruno has quickly been deemed the guy who says what girls want to hear. His previous heartfelt serenades include "Just the way you are," "Marry You," and "It will Rain."  He speaks to his lady fans, in those tracks and also in this track entitled "Treasure"  off of his latest album Unorthodox Jukebox. 


Lyrics:

Give me all, give me all, give me all your attention baby
I got to tell you a little something about yourself
You're wonderful, flawless, ooh you're a sexy lady
But you walk around here like you wanna be someone else

I know that you don't know it, but you're fine, so fine

Oh girl I'm gonna show you when you're mine, oh mine

Treasure, that is what you are

Honey you're my golden star
You know you can make my wish come true
If you let me treasure you
If you let me treasure you

Read the rest of the lyrics HERE

I guess it's an artist's job to speak directly to their target market, but really Bruno, do you have to be that smooth! ;) It's evident from these lyrics that it is a song about a man wanting to treasure his woman. To respect her and treat her right, that whoever she's with, or not with, isn't doing a good enough job.

Often times girls can feel insecure. With today's society pressuring all girls to fit a certain image, telling them what to wear, what not to wear, how to wear their hair, how to walk, how to talk, how to act. It's no wonder so many girls end up with eating disorders. The pressure to fit the mold is uncanning.

But the song is just proof that men need to be more like Bruno! haha. By voicing to girls that there's no need to strive for perfection. Perfection is still yet to be determined, because I'm pretty positive there isn't a person on this earth that has achieved it yet.

It's a very disco inspired upbeat song about exploring a girl's beauty. I love the lyrics to death and the meaning of the song is kick-ass, but I'd put this in the music category, because I just wanna boogie down!...haha yea I just said that, I'm on a disco high...deal with it! ;)

-<3-

Michelle 


Hey Ladies... Bruno's winking at you ;)

Source





1 comment:

  1. I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post.
    מסאז מפנק

    ReplyDelete