Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Demi Lovato strikes her fans with a #HeartAttack

source
 "Heart Attack"
      by Demi Lovato

   When we last heard from Ms. Lovato she graced the charts with hits like Skyscraper and Give Your Heart A Break. 

   Then after embarking on a full concert tour for that album appropriately entitled "Unbroken," Lovato was propositioned to be a celebrity judge on U.S.A's version of the hit singing competition X factor. And she quickly become a well loved, and valued member.
(Even though Simon Cowell will try
and deny it!) ;)

   It's been quite a while since, Demi's fans ("Lovatics")  have heard new material. Demi has been hard at work on her 4th studio album, said to be released later this year. And with rumors of her new single dropping this coming week, Demi surprised unsuspecting fans this Sunday night, with an EARLY release of her new single suspiciously entitled Heart Attack.

 

Lyrics:
The feelings got lost in my lungs
They're burning, I'd rather be numb
And there's no one else to blame
So scared I'll take off and run
I'm flying too close to the sun
And I'll burst into flames

  
 Read the rest of the lyrics HERE

   As a Demi Lovato fan, myself I can definitely appreciate the honesty she puts in her music. Many may know of her story. She suffered with self harm, eating disorders such as bulimia and anorexia, was intensely bullied as a child which led to her having to be home-schooled, had to deal with her parent's divorce at a young age, and now most recently was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Last year Demi checked herself into a rehab center and bravely fought through her struggles. Emerging months later healthier and happier than ever, a welcome site to her adoring fans.

  Demi has made it through, what one can only call the most difficult time in a young woman's life. In her short 20 years, she has dealt with more pain and heartache then most people know in a lifetime, and adding complicated relationships with several different guys is enough to throw any girl's head into a tailspin. 

  Heart Attack strikes me as a song about a girl who is afraid to let herself fall in love. Sometimes artists may fight the urge to tell their truths in their music, afraid that they will be revealing too much. But in my opinion, not telling your truth...well that's the worst tragedy of all. Because it's that truth... those feelings you've been trying to hide... that are worth writing a song about. Those are the songs that are going to mean something, those are the songs that people are going to be able to relate to.

  As someone who loves to write, and who would love to make a living out of it, someday. I think it's easier to write the things you feel you can't say out loud. And in Demi's case she does just that. Heart Attack has already been climbing the iTunes charts, it's #1 in the U.S. and several other countries and it's only been out for a  few days! 

  The song is about a guy who makes you want to feel girly, makes you want to get dressed up, someone you want to impress. It's about having feelings for someone and trying to hide those feelings from that person, in fear of what might happen if he finds out. It's about using that distance as a defense mechanism and not being able to act naturally around him due to nerves. 

  Even though I fell in love with the song's chorus, the lyrics I chose, just stuck out to me. It's about that nervous feeling you get just by being around him, and how avoiding it and running from that love can feel like a better option at that moment in time. And I hope, for those reading this, that you are not naive enough to believe that I'm just rambling, because I'll bet you yourself have at one point in your life felt this way, 
(even if it was just in your middle school years...lol). 

  Although hearing the beginning of the song can mistake it for a techno related club song... it gets more acoustic once she starts singing. It isn't strictly just her and a guitar, but it's definitely not pure dance pop. There is a deeper meaning to Demi's message, but the catchy chorus is definitely a bonus! 

   Demi is one of my favorite vocalist. It's interesting because I feel like vocally she blows most artist out of the water. It's a shame she has just started being globally recognized vocally. I think it was because she was lumped in with the Disney teeny boppers, that no one took her seriously. (No disrespect to Disney Channel... I grew up on that shit! It's the bomb!) But I just meant that her target audience would have mainly consisted of  young kids, and now since taking a new musical direction and due to the fact that she is able to draw inspiration from personal life experience, her fan base has expanded. And I'm very proud to say, I am definitely a fan of the very talented Ms. Lovato. Just call me a Lovatic. #sorryimnotsorry  ;)


In an interview with MTV, Demi talks about her new risky release saying it is about “falling in love and taking that risk. But, she’s terrified and, by ‘she,’ I mean me. But, I think everyone comes to a point where they feel very vulnerable in falling in love and that’s what I’m talking about.”

**So have you heard Demi's Heart Attack yet? What do you think? 

 

-<3-

Michelle 

(Follow me on twitter @MichelleShuffle :D)





 





  








No comments:

Post a Comment