Monday, February 11, 2013

Michael's Music Lives On...

 
This is Billie Jean by Michael Jackson


Lyric Choice:

 [Chorus]
Billie Jean Is Not My Lover
She's Just A Girl Who Claims That I Am The One
But The Kid Is Not My Son
She Says I Am The One, But The Kid Is Not My Son


Read the rest of the lyrics HERE

     From the last post to this one you can see there is a bit of a transition in genre, while The Fray is heard on pop radio today, their style is more soft rock than mainstream pop. As we go along you'll soon find out that my musical taste is all over the place!  

    Meanwhile, Michael Jackson is known (and in my opinion still known) for holding the “King of Pop” title. I've grown up listening to Michael Jackson’s music; it was always played in my house. And although I have many other "MJ" favorites, such as Smooth Criminal, P.Y.T, The Way You Make Me Feel, You Are Not Alone, and Wanna Be Startin’ Something, just to name a few...

    I chose Billie Jean, because it’s a classic. Michael skirts around the idea of a woman pursuing him, and how he is no longer interested and claims he is not the father of her child. The chorus is my lyric choice because everyone has to know the chorus, I mean come on... it's the best part! If you've never belted out the Billie Jean chorus, well then you're seriously missing out my friends.

   What I love about this song is that you don't need to completely focus on the lyrics in order to enjoy it. This is more about the music itself… the rhythms, the beat, the feeling you get when the drums start that intro. I don't know about you guys, but it always makes me wanna dance. If only I could moonwalk ;)

   On a side note, Michael Jackson passed away in 2009. It’s been 4 years, and even in his death he is well known for being one of the most influential musicians of all time. Personally speaking, I was really sad when I heard of his death. It was the day I graduated from high school, my ceremony had just ended and everyone was coming out and taking their pictures and saying their congratulations. Then one friend got a text and it was all down here from there. I remember not believing it and then it was all over the radio and on every news station.

   Say what you will about him, everyone knows he was in the tabloids for many unflattering accusations. But no one will ever fully know the truth. And honestly I don’t have much of an opinion when it comes to that kind of gossip, all I know is he was an incredible musician. He is still a trendsetter in today's pop music. He invented dance moves that are still very much being emulated today. Where do you think Usher, Justin Timberlake, Chris Brown, Ne-Yo and Justin Bieber get their inspiration from? It all started with Michael.

So...What's your favorite MJ song?

 -<3-
Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment