Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Underdog No More


Source

This is  

"Leave You Alone"

by Kris Allen

 

Kris Allen is best known for winning Season 8’s American Idol. For almost the entire season Kris had been known as "the underdog," up against the very eccentric and out of this world voice Adam Lambert. While, Kris measured up to be the boy next door, with a polite heart on his sleeve, and a modest voice that would take him far.

 

 

His self titled debut album, including radio singles “Live Like We’re Dying” and “The Truth,” Kris has also been well praised for his rendition of Kanye West’s “Heartless.”

 

Kris has since then, released a sophomore album entitled; “Thank You Camellia.” Quickly, I saw such an artistic improvement. I feel Kris had more input with this record, and was able to be more freely creative. His first single off this album was “Vision of Love.”

 

However, one of my favorites is “Leave you alone.” It’s a song that puts Kris in his element. It’s simple, just a few guitars, a soft steady drum beat, and Kris’ clear singer/songwriter voice.

 

As someone who was a HUGE Kris supporter during Idol, I really am proud to see him making his way to the future he wants for himself.

 

The song strikes me as a song about a relationship. It’s about one partner always feeling like he’s messing things up, and even though it may not be intentionally done, somehow it always manages to happen. And because of that he’s removing himself from the situation and leaving her alone. 

 

In other words, he’s trying to avoid any extra problems that may end up coming about. I find it difficult to explain it in words, because I feel that the song really just speaks for itself. The chorus is a down right cry out for help, somehow just hoping and fighting to mend this relationship that seems to be one thread short of breaking.

 

Often times in relationships, fights are based upon the minuscule things, things that don’t necessarily need to be fought over. And sometimes each partner will hold onto that argument just to prove they are right. When in reality the bigger option should just be to forget it and move on.

Lyrics:

I've never been the one
for saying the right thing
And I messed up again
broke your heart
without even trying

And I blamed it on you
but there is no evidence for my case
And I know the truth
but I still can't point the blame in my face

Read the rest HERE 



I think Kris Allen is a really amazing musician and he's just getting started. I only wish more people would recognize how truthful and sincere he actually is. Yes Idol helped him to get there, but he shouldn't only be labeled as that guy that won that season. Because guess what he won for a reason, and that reason is, because he is nothing short of amazing!

 -<3-

 Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment