Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Justin Timberlake's... The 20/20 Experience



So I'm a HUGE Justin Timberlake Fan and I was super excited to hear he was coming out with new music this year.

And this TUESDAY was in deed the day, so as I've been poring over the new album...lyrics, music, and all I thought it'd be too hard to pick just one song to review...SO...

*Shuffle's First ALBUM Review*


Listen to PART 1 HERE!

& PART 2 HERE!

Lyrics available HERE!



Ok so as you've probably guessed I'm not a musical expert, I'm just a music fan and I discuss my thoughts about songs and their lyrics and the song's meaning as I understand it. With that being said even though I may not be an expert... my ears like what they hear! ;)

In the general sense the new album is just that... an experience. Justin has offered explanations as to why he named it "The 20/20 Experience," he has said that upon playing the record for a good friend, the friend described it as "music you can see," thus the play on 20/20 vision.

Justin's voice is on point...his falsetto in tip top shape. And anyone comparing him to Robin Thicke...Just Ew...No. Justin's been known for his falsetto for quite the number of years...this is no news. And really Justin is in a whole different ball game!

The album has a lot of soul, but at the same time his initial sounds from when he first started out are still evident. The sounds made popular by songs like Cry Me a River, and Sexy Back.

Justin has once again utilized the idea of preludes and interludes within many of these songs. We saw this done with a few tracks off of his sophomore album "Future Sex Love Sounds," Tracks like "My Love," "Love Stoned," and "What Goes Around." Interludes and Preludes are always my favorite parts, because even when you think the song is ending it doesn't and it just gets increasingly better.

Anyhow, I feel that with this album....there's a song for everybody. Justin has utilized all different music types, and sounds, and somehow managed to make them all blend into one out of this world album. It's so interesting to see. He has the musical backing of  his hand picked band; The Tennessee Kids. And has really embraced a unique old school R&B sound at times infusing a little Latin flavor with songs like Let the Groove Get In. It's almost as though it pays homage to the musical likings of Michael Jackson/ The Jackson 5, Prince, Stevie Wonder and The Temptations.The album shows a lot of artistic growth and you can tell just how much music means to him, and how he carefully took the time to craft this record...(he only made us wait about 7 years for it! lol) But honestly it was well worth the wait!

I would just like to flag a few of my favorites for you... I recommend giving the whole album a listen because there really is a song for every taste, but really the whole thing is amazing! BUT here are a few of my personal favorites...

-Let the Groove Get in
-Strawberry Bubblegum
-Dress On
-Tunnel Vision
-Don't Hold the Wall

Also for a more in depth look into Justin's recording process visit
JustinTimberlake.com !

P.S.  J.T. has confirmed there is a Volume 2 with 10 more tracks coming out later this year... man when he comes back...he comes back BIG!

So... have you heard Justin's new material? Thoughts?

-<3-

Michelle



No comments:

Post a Comment