Thursday, March 21, 2013

Songwriter speaks from the "Hart"



   As I've previously mentioned sometimes I find new music through the TV shows I watch and so today...I want to share a unique find with you...

These Words by singer/songwriter Jill Andrews... 

575x400andrews1

(Skip to about the 3:40 mark to hear Jill perform the song live in the studio)




Lyrics:

Look me up
When you’ve had your space
When you’re ready
To see my face
In a room where we both could be
Where somebody else
May be loving me
Would you ball up your hands?
Would you clench your teeth?
Would you walk away
In disbelief?
Are you ready to leave?



    I felt so strongly about these lyrics because I felt like this is a song about moving away from a relationship that once meant a lot to you. And having that strength to be able to see that person face to face again and find a way to be and feel ok with it. That constant push and pull, back and forth of a complicated relationship, that even though you know leaving it is best, it still hurts and it's still difficult. It's a very common topic and the lyrics are easy to understand. You can also tell she's drawing from personal experience which often makes the artist more tangible toward their audience, as though they are reachable and relatable.

Read the rest of the lyrics  HERE 
***Jill also has an album out entitled The Mirror
I think what drew me into this song was the intro; the first few lines:

Hold me up
Because I think I’ve fallen to you
While you’ve fallen out of love with me...”
   They kind of just stuck in my head and I felt like I had to know who sang it, because the song urges you to listen. Her voice is very soft, very sweet, but at the same time it’s heartbreaking, and in a way it makes you want to know why. Or at least I did, and once I found her, and I watched her perform the song, I can safely say I got chills. I think for something so simple, and organic; just a few guitars, the song really just gets to you.
hart_zoe_Hart-of-Dixie-Wallpaper
Airs Tuesdays @ 8pm on the CW
      
   So as my friend Lauren likes to joke, I am the only person in the world who watches the CW’s Hart of Dixie… and you know what maybe I am..I’m a girl, I like all that corny junk. ;)  But hey it stars Rachel Bilson (best known for her role as Summer on Fox’s The OC) and the show is also from the creators of that  same once very popular teen drama. Can you say Seth Cohen?

 
Trademark Seth Cohen (played by actor Adam Brody)


Any who, I digress…  the reason I brought Hart of Dixie up is because this song was featured on a recent episode and I fell in love with it. So naturally I went on a search to find it! And when I did, I struck gold....with the discovery of Jill Andrews and these words.

Check out Jill's song at work on Hart of Dixie HERE (around the 2:17 mark)

So once again shout out to Hart of Dixie for supplying me with a new musical interest…
that’s where I first fell for The Lumineers, when “Ho Hey” was featured on the show before
it ever got overplayed by radio stations, lol.

Well there ya go…check her out!

-<3-

Michelle 

No comments:

Post a Comment